The first thing was calf roping. Well, actually there were three different kinds. The first was called Tie-down Roping. There they would have to catch a calf using a lasso and then tie it's feet together so it can't move. The second kind is like Tie-down Roping, except it is called Break-away Roping. Some idea except that they only had to catch it and then let go of the rope. The third kind is called Double Muggin'. There are two people. One races and catches the calf and the other then tries to pull it to the ground. Then the first person ties the calf's legs together. Here are some pics.


Also, there was barrel racing. There the riders ride around three barrels and try to get the best time. Here is a pretty good picture.

They also had some clowns that told jokes. They were pretty funny. Another event that they had was bronc riding. The cowboys would try to stay on a bucking horse for seven seconds. I know, that doesn't sound like long, but it is. Here is a picture.

Well I had fun on this ongoing Awesome Adventure with Abigail and I hope you did too!
I felt like I was a spectator at this rodeo, thanks to your descriptions, Abigail! I can tell you really watched and understood what was happening. And I'm sure Emma was all eyes and ears watching too! I agree that your adventures are awesome - and amazing, above and beyond a typical day, and abundant! May these experiences cause you to stand in awe of our God's creation, all of which are WOW factors! Thanks for sharing - and for the postcard from GTNP. Miss you and love you too, Anna
ReplyDelete