
Yes, I did get a hat if you didn't know....
Our other stop before De Smet was the Mitchell Corn Palace. It is a huge place covered in designs made with corn. Here we tasted samples from the Corncessions and watched a video about it.

Now, if you are not a Little House fan, you might as well go play on Facebook or look at another blog, because this part is for fans only.
Once we got to De Smet and arrived at the homestead and got settled, we went to look at some of the things that they have there. Emma and I got to do some really cool activities like doing laundry, making rope and corncob dolls. (do you fans remember Laura's doll Susan?) The ladies there also showed us how to make hay twists like Pa and Laura did when they ran out of coal.

Making hay twists

Our corncob dolls. Emma named hers Susan and I named mine Charlotte.
We also got to take a covered wagon ride to the school and got to experience what school would be like back then. When we explored the barn we saw a momma cat and three babies. One white, one black, and one grey striped. Here is a picture of the little black one.

So we are headed home and I am happy to know that I am going to sleep in my OWN bed tonight. Expect another update as I finish up this Awesome Adventure With Abigial!
No comments:
Post a Comment