Okay, so I am just going to say it now- I AM SO SORRY for not blogging for a while. I've just been busy. I know, I know, that's no excuse. I don't know how my mom (and other every-day bloggers) do it!
Ok, so now that my apologies are through, I'll update you on what's new. Some of you may already know, but my family is going on another RV trip. This time though, is going to be a little different. For one, we are traveling in my grandparents RV, not a rented one. Two, we are not going to Ohio or California, but Yellowstone.
Our destinations being chosen, Mom started on the infamous Blue Notebook! Now, thanks to her hard planning, we are in Colorado and going smoothly, but let me backtrack and tell you what has happened so far.
We left ahead of schedule on Wednesday night and boondocked (For all of you non-RVers that means staying overnight at a non regular campground.) at the Alabama welcome center. The next day we drove all the way to Grapevine Texas for Dad's airplane show. We arrived around 10:00ish. We camped at the show overnight.
The next day (Friday if you forgot) we went shopping at Grapevine Mills mall. We also ate at a place called Ritzy's. There they serve you salad in a medium mixing bowl and the kids get a free scoop of ice cream with their meal. Then once we got back, we went swimming at a nearby lake.
Saturday we left the show around 11:00. We then drove to Dumas, Texas and stayed at a cute little city park. They had electricity hookups, a whole playground and it was all FREE!
So, today we left the cute, little, free park with a whole playground and electricity we started driving. Our destination is Jellystone campground in Estes, Colorado. Mom says that there will be putt-putt and other fun stuff too.
I hope to post again soon and update you guys on what is going on. Please pray that everything goes smoothly and that none of us get altitude sickness ( a sickness caused by the changing in distance above sea level. The only way to prevent this is to keep eating and drinking)
Hope you had fun on this ongoing Adventure With Abigail!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Abigail,
ReplyDeleteSounds like you guys are having a lot of fun!! We enjoy reading your posts and look forward to hearing more about your awesome RV adventure.
The Asnes Family
Good to see you posting about your trip. Hope you have fun....
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work Abbie! I can't wait to read about you upcoming adventures!
ReplyDeleteHi Abby or Abbie. Not sure which way you spell it. This is Heather from Concord. I love your new hat! Texas is very, very hot! My husband is fr Houston. When we visit, my glasses stay fogged up! Enjoy the rest of your trip. There are many of us keeping up with the blogs. Be safe!
ReplyDeleteHi Abby! Love the blog update, you are quite the writer. I was amazed when you were a baby saying the ABC's and now I think your blog is Pulitzer worthy :) Have lots of fun, take good care of Ralph and Ann, and come home safely!
ReplyDeleteWow, you are great at documenting your trip itinerary, Abigail! I love it-keep it up! I'll be checking your blog as well as your Mom's every day. Love to all your family, Anna
ReplyDelete